Sunday, October 6, 2013

I have a dream

I have a dream ... that one day, I'll be able to sleep past 7 am. That I can wake up, wander to the kitchen in my PJs, and sit at the table sipping coffee and reading the morning news in silence.

I have a dream ... that my entire house will be clean, all at the same time, and will stay that way for a few hours, at least. That I can fold laundry without it being immediately unfolded. That I will never again have to re-wash something because it's been thrown on the floor by a toddler and subsequently picked up by the puppy and dragged around the house.



I have a dream ... that I can sit down for dinner and not have to get up refill milk glasses or get someone else a new fork. That I can eat while dinner is still hot. That I can have a discussion with my family without interjected interruptions of food preferences. ("I don't likeeeeeee tomatoooooesss!!!")

I have a dream ... that I will be able to run multiple errands in one day, with callous disregard for snack times, nap times, and early bedtimes. That I can take advantage of a Tuesday sale. That I can duck into a store for a moment, without dealing with strollers or five-point harnesses or preschoolers who find it funny to run away.

I have a dream ... that one day, my children will be self-sufficient. That I can share these stories with my grown children, and laugh as they go through the same times with their children. That I will look back on these days and smile and think, "Wow, life was crazy then, but it sure was fun."

No comments:

Post a Comment